Monday, September 21, 2009

Straight from Vinyl - Ike and Tina Turner

Though she didn't write the songs below, Tina Turner is a songwriter. In the liner notes, she reminds us that she used to be is a "Baptist and blues" singer. Since Turner calls soul "hot, greasy food" I labeled the album funk (Ike plays a mean guitar) but it should list as rock n roll.

The album cover of Something's Got a Hold On Me has a bit wear and tear but I AutoStitched it for the vinyl enthusiasts.





Listen to Tina Turner and Ikette Venetta Fields battle it out on I Know (You Don't Want Me No More).



I also liked hearing Ike and Tina wailing "You Are My Sunshine"to each other.

If you know of a Tina Turner song with as much soul, blues, and funk on these songs post-Ike, PLEASE let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails