Wednesday, March 10, 2010

El Debarge Playing Piano & Singing Time Will Reveal 2010


I know you’re thinking, “What does this have to do with Black women’s poetry and songs?”  I believe in being true to the tagline (^under the header), but I’m going to mix it up. I want to “curate” or “filter” information that followers and subscribers can dig. I’ll try to maintain a Black female artist lens on it when I can. 

El Debarge speaks about comparisons to his deceased brother Bobby Debarge.
“I didn’t want to come off like I was sounding like Bobby. But actually, I was intimidated by Bobby, to tell you the truth. Bobby was such, he was so perfect, every time he opened his mouth. You know I was a perfectionist, but he was perfect…He never could flaw when he sang.”
So for those who fell in love with Bobby El Debarge in the early 80s, he’s letting you know drugs are “nothing to play with.” God intervened in his life and he’s back to crooning those love songs!

Jara this is for you.

Watch the interview after the jump.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails