Thursday, October 8, 2009

Carolyn Rodgers - Affirmation


A tweet from PagesFullaSoul sent me to Carloyn M Rodgers’s Poem for Some Black Women. I went on a video search for Carloyn M Rodgers and found her at Northwestern University giving a talk on the Black Arts Movement. She ends the talk with the poem Affirmation. Don’t worry about the nearly 27 minutes, I cued the video to start directly at the poem mark with Splicd.



In her talk, she mentioned she had a broadside to share after the reading. Unfortunately, she didn’t mention any recent publications of  her self-published debut How I Got Ovah.
What images stand out to you?

1 comment:

  1. In her talk, she mentioned she had a broadside to share after the reading. Unfortunately, she didn’t mention any recent publications of her self-published debut How I Got Ovah.
    velvet bed sheets online
    velvet king size bed sheets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails